Illustration & Visual Narrative's Final Project


05/11/18 - 07/12/18
(Week 11 - Week 15)
Fong Ee Xuan (0332842)
Illustration & Visual Narrative
Final Project


INSTRUCTIONS

 


FINAL PROJECT 

FRONT & BACK AND BACK & FORTH

05/11/18 - 07/12/18
Week 11 - Week 15

For our final project, Mr Hafiz explained to us the outcome of it which is we have to create either a tunnel book or a webcomics. For the story, we can use our precious project which is Graphic Novel, find a new story for it, poem or song to illustrate. I know I want to do the webcomics at the first because it get my attention and interest. Not only that, I also think that tunnel book are quite too hard for me even though web comics are hard too.After I decided I want to do a song webcomics, I started think what song should I choose because there are too many song that I like. 

I like to listen to music while I'm doing my work. So when the song - "1-800-273-8255" by Logic ft Alessia Cara & Khalid pop out, I get the ideas for it. This is because this song are a song which the singer doesn't want someone to took their life easier and help is always available when they need. This song details the story of someone calling the NSPL and wanting to commit suicide but after a conversation with NSPL representative, the caller soon after decide he wants to live.


Figure 1.0: Lyrics of "1-800-273-8255" by Logic ft Alessia Cara & Khalid

Not only that, the singer which is Logic said that he did a fan tour where he went to fan's houses and shared meals with them, hung out with them and also played the album before it came out. One of his fan told he that his music have save their life. Logic was shock because he wasn't even trying to save nobody's life and he was thinking what if he really does, then what will really happen?

So basically this song have three part which are : Perspective of someone who want to comment suicide, Perspective of someone who comfort he/she, Perspective of he/she doesn't want to suicide anymore and choose to live. After understanding more about this song, I started sketch out the ideas and make story board of it.


Figure 1.1: Sketch out story board

Figure 1.2: Rough sketches of the scenes

After that, I started drawing on Adobe Photoshop and decide the position and the looking of the background and middle ground.






Figure 2.0: Drawing on Adobe Photoshop

Figure 2.1: Rough sketches of background 

After that I finish drawing, I arrange the panels probably in Adobe Photoshop to see if the background working. After that, I try to use Madefire to create a parallax webcomics but at last I use Adobe Animate CC to create it because Madefire crash too many times. Because I didn't have any class that use Adobe Animate CC and I didn't learn it before, so I just learn some basic knowledge from youtube on the spot.

 In Adobe Animate CC, I import each drawing separately so that it can move. I also arrange the layer and panels in order so that they look accordingly to my plan. After that, I adjusted the timeline of each item to make sure they didn't more too far and didn't crash together. At last, I feel like something is missing so I decided to add audio of the song in it. The audio that I add didn't have any voice, it is just instrumental audio. After I settle everything, I convert it into HTML5 File because Mr Hafiz more prefer HTML 5 instead of video.

Figure 3.0: Arrange the panel probably in Adobe Photoshop

Figure 3.1: Try to create it in MadeFire

Figure 3.2: Learning Adobe Animate CC on Youtube

Figure 3.3: Putting the items one by one accordingly

Figure 3.4: Creating the parallax correctly 

Figure 3.5: Adjusting the timeline of it 

Figure 3.6: Adjust the timeline again so it won't crash and it look smooth


Figure 3.7: Importing audio and add it into timeline 

Figure 3.8: Final outcome of it in Adobe Animate CC


Figure 3.9: Final outcome of timeline in Adobe Animate CC

Figure 3.10: Items that I import in

Figure 3.11: Final outcome of my project in HTML file 

Figure 3.12: Final outcome of my project in HTML file that show at website

Link to my Google file for this project:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Korean 01's Assessments

Digital & Social Media Communication's Final Project

Digital & Social Media Communication's Project II