Advanced Typography's Project II


21/05/19 - 28/05/2019
(Week 08 - Week 09)
Fong Ee Xuan (0332842)
Advanced Typography
Project II


LECTURE NOTE

Week 08 

(21/05/2019)

We got no lecture for this week. We continue doing our key artwork and started design the poster. 

Week 09 

(28/05/2019)

We didn't have lecture this week as we continued with our collateral design.


INSTRUTION




PROJECT II

COLLATERAL

Week 08

(21/05/2019)

In this project which related to the previous project - key artwork, we have to design a poster and also  collateral for "The TroubleMakers Manifesto". For the collateral, we can choose anything such as T-Shirt, Tote Bag, Mug, PhoneCase and so on.

For this time, Mr Vinod change some content about it which are:

The Design School,
Taylor’s University


The Troublemakers Manifesto: A Design Colloquium

Open Public Lectures:
November 8, 2019
1030–1100 Ms Liew Pik-Svonn
1105–1135 Ms Ezrena Marwan
1140–1210 Mr Muthu Nedumaran


1400–1430 Ms Suzy Sulaiman 
1435–1505 YB Ahmad Fahmi Fadzil
1525–1700 Panel discussion 


Lecture Theatre 12


Here are the key artwork that I choose:


Figure 1.0: Key artwork

After creating the key artwork, I started designing the poster for "The TroubleMakers Manifesto". In the poster, I apply some of the typography system that I have learn last few week and the system that I used was "Axial System", 'Grid System" and "Radial System".




Figure 1.1: Here are four poster that I did so that I choose the one I like the most

Figure 1.2: Process of designing the poster

After I change the key artwork again, I did the poster change the poster again.

Figure 1.3: My another key artwork

Figure 1.4: Second attempt of my poster

Figure 1.5: My Final key artwork

Figure 1.6: My final attempt of poster

Figure 1.7: Final Poster on the wall



Figure 1.8: Embedded PDF of Final Poster

COLLATERAL

Besides poster, we have to create some collateral for "Troublemakers Manifesto". I have choose the tote bag and T-shirt.

Figure 2.0: Process of designing T-shirt on Adobe Illustrator


Figure 2.1: First attempt of T-shirt


Figure 2.2: Second attempt of T-shirt


Figure 2.3: Final attempt of T-shirt (Front)

Figure 2.4: Final attempt of T-shirt (Back)


Figure 2.5: Embedded PDF of Final T-Shirt


For the tote bag, I also did some design for it and at the end I choose one of it.

Figure 2.6: Designing Tote Bag on Adobe Illustrator

Figure 2.7(a): First choose attempt Tote Bag

Figure 2.7(b): Second attempt of Tote Bag


Figure 2.9: Final attempt of Tote Bag (Front)

Figure 2.10: Final attempt of Tote Bag (Back)


Figure 2.11: Embedded PDF of Final Tote Bag

Figure 2.12: Testing on user - Tote Bag (Front)

Figure 2.12: Testing on user - Tote Bag (Back)

Figure 3.0: Here are the flat-lay for all my key artwork, poster, t-shirt and tote bag

Figure 3.1: Embedded PDF Flat-Lay


FEEDBACK

Week 09

(28/05/2019)

After Mr Vinod saw my key artwork once again, he suggested me to explore more becasue now i just putting the words -"The TroubleMakers Manifesto" around the artwork that i did. After i create another two key word, i showed it to Mr Vinod again and he said that the words attempt is not bad and for the people attempt, he think that i should play around witht the colour. I showed it again to Mr Vinod after i change the colour and and adding the " Manifesto" word in the key artwork. The feedback that he give is he think it is much better and maybe i can change the type of it. 

Not only that, Mr Vinod also give some feedback for the poster. He said he like the axial system that i apply on the poster and he think i can make the key artwork bigger and put the information in and outside of the key artwork.


REFLECTION

EXPERIENCES

Week 08

(21/05/2019)

I feel confused due to the collateral because I thought we have to create 4 of it.

Week 09 

(28/05/2019)

I feel stressful because Mr Vinod keep changing my key artwork.

OBSERVATION

Week 08

(21/05/2019)

I found out that I get confused is because I thought poster is part of project I and for project II we have to create another 3 more.

Week 09 

(28/05/2019)

I realised that when Mr Vinod change my key artwork is because the one before that are really not that unique enough.

FINDING

Week 08

(21/05/2019)

I noticed that it is important to ask properly because it might get me doing some big mistake.

Week 09

(28/05/2019)

I noticed that we have to used the troublemakers' view to think so that we can create our key artwork by making sense.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Korean 01's Assessments

Digital & Social Media Communication's Final Project

Digital & Social Media Communication's Project II