Creative Brand Strategy's Project I(B)


22/04/2020 - 06/05/2020 
(Week 02 - Week 04)
Fong Ee Xuan (0332842)
Creative Brand Strategy
Project I (B)


INSTRUCTION



LECTURE

SITUATION ANALYSIS

Week 03
29/04/2020

Ms Hsin have us a lecture which helps us on our Project 1B, it is about situation analysis. Ms Hsin gave us some example about SWOT analysis, customer journey may and so on. Here are the lecture slides:


BRAND PERSONALITY

Week 04

06/05/2020

In this week, Ms Hsin briefed us about moodboard and brand positioning. For the moodboard, Ms Hsin gave us two video to watch to lets us more understand.

The first link that given by Ms Hsin, check on 24:30 - 31:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhVNE6Rod0Y&feature=emb_title

The second link that given by Ms Hsin, check on 25:31 - 32:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1623&v=V5wyr_3KN5Y&feature=emb_title

Here are the lecture slides for Brand Positioning & Brand Personality:


Types of logos, consistency & Variation in Brand Identity:





PROJECT 1(B)

EVENT PROPOSAL & SITUATION ANALYSIS

Week 02 - Week 04
22/04/2020 - 06/05/2020 

Before we start our lecture, we had consultation on our progress with Ms Hsin. We showed her what we had so far Project 1(B). For me, I only have introduction, background, featured activities, target audience and few SWOT analysis for my chosen campaign/event. The campaign/ event that I chosen is "George Town Festival".


Figure 1.0: Screenshot from my process in Google Doc

After that, I started collecting George Town Festival events photo for their history but I realised there are a lot so I decided to cut off some of the activities in my improved event. Not only that, for the visual identity, I realised George Town Festival every year have different theme colour so I decided to categorise it into year and found out the visual identity that match the themed colour.

Here are the Project I(b) that I did:



FEEDBACK

Week 03
29/04/2020

After I showed my draft document about the event that I choose, Ms Hsin gave some feedback for it which I can narrow down the theme for the event and maybe shorten the diration of the event. Besides that, I should look more for the weakness and treaths. Ms Hsin advised me that I could looking at the competitor/similiar event for the threat as well. Not only that, I have to summarise my strenght because it is quite a lot. I also have to collect some virtual data from the past event.

Week 04
06/05/2020

After I presented my project I(b), Ms Hsin gave some observation to me which is my visual identity are all based on the themed colour and my featured activities are kind of balance for traditional and contemporary, so that I should thinking about my poster and so on will look like. After that, Ms Hsin gave some feedback after the day we presented our Project I(b).

Ms Hsin: Overall research data was thoroughly compiled and comprehensively analyzed. In Featured Activities[slide 14—23], do add a descriptive line at each of the activities by summarizing what was written in slide 28—60. SWOT was well articulated, for visitor journey map, do try to add a descriptive line to the ‘Experience’. ‘Place & Location’ [slide 8], if it’s possible to highlight a few key locations?


REFELCTION

EXPERIENCE

Week 03
(29/04/2020)

I am kind of confused because I am not sure about are we suppose to present about a current event or an improved event that we improve from current event. It had been bothered me few days. Not only that, it is quite tough to look for the visual identity because the event - George Town Festival have already held since 2010.

Week 04
(06/05/2020)

After I found the visual identity that I want to included, it became more easier for me. Besides that, I found that GTF Visitor Journey Map are too long for GTF because it have a lot of featured activities. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital & Social Media Communication's Final Project

Creative Copywriting's Assignment 01

Visual Communication's Project III