Creative Brand Strategy's Project II(A)


13/05/2020 - 27/05/2020
(Week 05 - Week 07)
Fong Ee Xuan (0332842)
Creative Brand Strategy
Project II (A)


INSTRUCTION



LECTURE

Week 05
13/05/2020

Ms Hsin explained to us about Ideation once again in this week but in more details. Not only that, Ms Hsin also told us about what we should have for our next week presentation. Here are the presentation slides


Week 06
20/05/2020

In this week, Ms Hsin gave us a lecture on what we can do for our design application for our campaign/event. Here are the presentation slide:


Week 07
27/05/2020

We don't have lecturer on this week because we are showing our Project 2(A).


PROJECT II (A)

IDEATION

13/05/2020 - 27/05/2020

Week 05 - Week 07

For this part of project 2, we have to collect symbolic images. It can be made of places, people, environment, logo and so on. 

For my George Town Festival, it is an international festival and they already organised it for 10 years. So I start looking at the previous venue, performances and so on to help with my mood broad which is also "Ideation". At first I doing it on Adobe Illustration but after that I did it on Google Slide. Not only that, I also did some digitise draft to make it more real and others will more understandable when looking at the draft.

Figure 1.0: The moodboard that I doing in Adobe Illustration

Figure 1.1: Digitize logo and other on Adobe Illustration

On Week 07, we have to finalise Project 2(A) and Ms Hsin gave each of us 30 mins to talk about out ideation for the campaign/ event that we choose.

Here are the finalisation for Project 2(A):




FEEDBACK

Week 05
13/05/2020

After I show Ms Hsin my current moodbaord, she gave me some comment about it which my moodboard have to improve more and it should have some is for graphic elements and typography. Besides that, Ms Hsin said my moodboard is mostly visual elements and my colour is core for it.

Week 06
20/05/2020

For my moodboard, Ms Hsin think that the smiley face and the yellow ballon is quite common and everyone can use it. Due to this, I could design something recognizable for GTF. For the envoriment, Ms Hsin asked me to look at the previous George Town Festival and I should design some visual such as banner, and flat for the stage and marketplace. Besides that, right now i could draft out the logo, key visual and so on. For the poster, the window and the over-melting might help for me to design my poster and social media post.

Week 07
27/05/2020

After I showed all my moodbaord and drafts to Ms Hsin, she have some suggestion and feedback after it. For my typography, Ms Hsin suggested me to test out the body text for the typefaces that choose. Next, for the logo Ms Hsin said it work and she suggested me to mix the font for the "George Town Festival" to show my brand values - Diversity". Not only that, Ms Hsin suggested me that the poster that I design should show the artist or audience because the element - window already represent Goerge Town. For the key visual that i design, it is ok but I should think of the way like "Why I used this element as key visual?". For my elements - window, I should just use it for poster. 

Besides that, for the application that I design, there are also few comment about it. For the social media post, Ms Hsin suggested me the curtain thing that I choose for application could be one of the design elements for it. For example, the social media post have a curtain cover it and we have to like peel from the curtain that are open. For the information board, I should add narrow on it. Not only that, I could also identity the location of the performances such as create a icon for it. For printed tickets, Ms Hsin said the font "Takota" not really a good for ticket information and maybe I could try other typefaces that I choose for it. I could also start thinking the information that can included on the ticket.


FURTHER READING

Week 07
30/05/2020

Deconstructing Logo Design 
by Matthew Healey 
Figure 2.0: "Deconstructing Logo Design" Book

The book is an invaluable guide to all those designers who work within the realm of corporate identity design and for those who seek to sell their services as well as to corporate communicators and marketers who need to promote their own organisations. It give readers a very clear understanding of the process and specific details of a logo, how to target your market and also convey brand values. The book mentioned that deconstructing a logo design will be beneficial when it comes to designing a successful and targeted logos, as well as helping in explaining to future clients how and why they suit and fit the brief. 

The analysis includes the client, brand story, studio, art director, designer, typeface, colour and design approach. There's also pointing out from the logos that explains what the parts/elements mean.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital & Social Media Communication's Final Project

Creative Copywriting's Assignment 01

Visual Communication's Project III