Digital Photography & Imaging's Final Project



30/08/18 - 19/10/18
(Week 01 - Week 8)
Fong Ee Xuan (0332842)
Digital Photography & Imaging
Final Project

INSTRUCTIONS




FINAL PROJECT

Surrealistic Parallax (Cinemagraph)

05/11/18 - 07/12/18
Week 11 - Week 15

For our final project, we have to create a surrealistic cinemagraph. Cinemagraph is a technique of animate some photography and there are only part of the photography are having movement. In this project, we were required to use mostly our own photography edited and manipulated in Adobe Photoshop and then animate it. Not only that, the images must have a visual or a conceptual theme. In the class, Mr Hafiz does show us some example such as a music video named "Up & up" by Coldplay.

We can use our previous project which is Recomposition Jack Yerka's artwork or create a new one for this final project. We also can choose some surrealistic paintings to recreate it and make it cinemagraph or we can create it by using our imagination.

There are many choice to let us create it but at the end I still choose to do a recomposition of a surrealistic paintings. This is because I think there are many paintings that I like and I want to animate it. There are few surrealistic painting by Vladimir Kush and Ciryl Rolando that I like such as "Sunrise by the ocean". I decided to choose "Candle" by Vladimir Kush.




Figure 1.0: Surrealistic paintings by Ciryl Rolando

Figure 1.1: "Sunrise by the ocean" by Vladimir Kush

Figure 1.2: "Candle" by Vladimir Kush that I choose





Figure 1.3: Photo that by my own and also online

At first I use masking to make both sky match each other and then I used blending mode and masking to combined the cloud and the smoke together. After that, I edited my photo to thinner & taller to match the lady.


Figure 1.4: Masking both sky together and adjust the colour

Figure 1.5: Editing myself into more thin and tall to match the lady\

Figure 1.6: Masking the cloud and smoke together and adjust the colour for it

Figure 1.7: After adding sunlight in it

Figure 1.8: Adding candle and candle flame in it

Figure 1.9: The final outcome after adding me in it

Figure 1.11: Final outcome of recomposition Vladimir Kush's surrealistic painting


Due to I can't find a better film for the candle flame and smoke moving film, I decided to move it one by one just like how we create the GIF.





 Figure 1.12: Moving the candle flame and smoke one by one 


Figure 1.13: Creating cinemagraphy by using technique of creating GIF

Figure 1.14: First attempt of it

Figure 1.15: Final outcome of cinemagraphy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Korean 01's Assessments

Digital & Social Media Communication's Final Project

Digital & Social Media Communication's Project II