Typography's Final Compilation & Reflection



28/11/18
Week 14
Fong Ee Xuan (0332842)
Typography
Final Compilation & Reflection


INSTRUCTIONS

EXERCISE
PROJECT I - Text Formatting and Expression
PROJECT II - Font Design
FINAL PROJECT - Typography: Expression, Hierarchy and Composition


SUMMISIONS

EXERCISE

Calligraphy

Figure 1.0 : Combination of Horizontal, Vertical and Circular strokes 

Figure 1.1: Final attempt of alphabet A - D

Figure 1.2: Final attempt of alphabet E - H

Figure 1.3: Final attempt of alphabet H - K

Figure 1.4: Final attempt of alphabet L - O

Figure 1.5: Final attempt of alphabet P - S

Figure 1.6: Final attempt of alphabet S - W

Figure 1.7: Final attempt of alphabet W - Z
Figure 1.8: Final outcome for Quote (A4 Paper)

Lettering

Figure 1.9: Final outcome of design name: Static Version

Figure 1.10: Final outcome of design name: Animated

Type Expression

Figure 2.0: Final attempt of type expression
Figure 2.1: Final outcome of type expression of Heavy: Static Version


Figure 2.2: Final outcome of type expression of Heavy: Animated



PROJECTS

PROJECT I - TEXT FORMATTING AND EXPRESSION


Figure 3.0: Embedded PDF of Project I - Text Formatting and Expression

Figure 3.1: Cover Book (Printed)

Figure 3.2: Page 2 - 3 (Printed)

Figure 3.3: Page 4 - 5 (Printed)

Figure 3.4: Page 6 - 7 (Printed)

Figure 3.5: Page 8 - 9 (Printed)

Figure 3.5: Page 10 - 11 (Printed)

Figure 3.6: Cover (Printed)

PROJECT II - FONT DESIGN

Figure 4.0: Final outcome of my initial name: fex

FINAL PROJECT - TYPOGRAPHY: EXPRESSION, HIERARCHY AND COMPOSITION

Figure 5.0: Final attempt of Poster

Figure 5.1: Final outcome of Poster: Animated


Figure 5.2: Embedded PDF of Final Project -Typography:Expression, Hierarchy and Composition



REFELCTION

EXPERIENCES

My experiences with Typography class was quite tough but at the same time I learnt a lot from it. In Typography class, I learnt a lot of new knowledge that I have never know before. I also learnt many new things such as calligraphy and creating GIF. I always curious about how calligraphy and GIF working and I get very excited when I am writing and creating it. They said "How much you gain is depends on how much you paid", there are also many challenges in Typography class. There are many rejected work, sleepless night confusing task and high exception which make me stress almost all the time. Sometimes, I was very stress because Wednesday is coming and my mind is just keep thinking about how my lecturer going to reject my works. But at the same times, I also felt grateful about my lecturer's high exception and also their feedback because it really make me improve my skills. Every time I look at my works, I felt so much satisfied. Not only that, I know their having high exception on us is because they are preparing us for our future. This is because it will be more challenging, tough, and the exception of client are more higher than my lecturer. To conclude my experience about Typography, it is a challenging, exiting, tough and satisfied module.

OBSERVATION

By attending Typography days after days, I noticed that Typography is very important in life because it can influence how you look at those messages. I also realised that Typography are not something that can design according to what we like or what we want it to look like.It have to design by following the basic of typography for example spacing between words, and even the weight of the words. Due to this reason, we have to do some research before we design or creating something. After doing some research and reading on typography book, I noticed that I can started see the differences between good typography and bad typography. I also noticed that there are something that we shouldn't do with each typeface which are scaling, putting shadow and outline and etc. It will destroy someone design and make it more worse.

FINDING

I found out that I actually love this module in some ways because it make me felt so much of satisfied by doing the work and it also lets me learnt a lot of new knowledges. Not only that, I also found out that sketching out my ideas when I have it is very important because it might help me figure out some new ideas. Moreover, I find that e-port folio are quite important in our future because it will be our port folio that shown what we have done and also the process of it. Besides that, I found out that Typography are around us everywhere.We have to consider about the size of the word, colour of the words and even composition of it. If the size of the words, colour or composition are wrong, it will influence the whole looking of it and it might give wrong messages to someone. That's why we have to learn more about typography because it is not just a simple font that create for fun. There are many ways to express the word by using the correct ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Korean 01's Assessments

Digital & Social Media Communication's Final Project

Digital & Social Media Communication's Project II